Friday, January 18, 2008

Thoughts on new hilarity

Chad and Alysia arrived at our front door, eager to come in from the bitter cold. As we ascended the stairs, thoughts about out friendship came flooding back in to me - reminding me instantly how much I love these two. We met them early after our relocation to Kansas City from Colorado, and I liked them instantly. They were, at the time, still in a semi-newlywed stage, and we welcomed their friendship with open arms.

Chad and Alysia have been two of the people we've been able to go to with a lot of discouragements. They're two of the people we can sit around with deep into the night: smoking pipes, drinking beers, hanging out. Oh, and they have one of the best senses of humor I've ever known. As dry as I am, Chad matches it, plus some. I love it - he challenges me in new, fresh ways. He introduced us to Flight of the Conchords - one of the greatest shows ever. We introduced them to Arrested Development. We both give, we both take. It's beautiful.

These thoughts and memories came flooding in. And, we had a great evening - pizza, conversation, etc. Then, we took the party all the way to our living room...from our dining room...and we settled in, in front of the Apple TV. With YouTube at our fingertips, Chad took Ashley and I to new hilarity. And I'm here to take you there also. I'm not much for standup usually, but this guy's different. Enjoy, and let me know what you think.

5 comments:

Dev said...

Like deep thoughts set to music.

hootenannie said...

Jeremy, you usually think that things are a lot funnier than I do. But this time, I laughed super hard.

"This is a pie chart of procrastination."

!!!!!!!

Becca said...

his name is demetri...like your favorite neighbor!

Jeremy Parsons said...

Annie,
That's cause I'm usually buzzed by 10 AM.
JP

Carol, Genny, Lucy, and Oliver said...

i saw this guy at my inlaws a few weeks ago. pretty stinkin funny. i am glad you posted this for everyone to enjoy.