Saturday, January 12, 2008

Thoughts on similarities, and yet so very different.

Interesting characters seen around Kansas City lately:

-A "gangsta". No, maybe not a gangsta, but probably a rapper in town for a show, with his posse - in a very "white", American sports bar in Westport. Yes, a real rapper. Yes, he wore a bullet proof vest over his shirt. Yes, he had a real posse, complete with really big guys that like to stare you down and surround him everywhere he walked. Yes, he said the F-word...a lot (which must be a lot because I work with construction workers). Yes, I stared them down. Yes, I am lying about that part.

-Another type of "gangsta". Yes, his pants and jacket matched and were baggy. Yes, his hat was backward and to the side. Yes, he had a lot of acne. Yes, his glasses were slightly smudged. Yes, he had a nasally voice - very apparent when he spat off his slew of obscenities. Yes, he was pretty fly for a white guy. Yes, he stared me down as he walked into Chick-Fil-A.

That's okay, I thought to myself. His mom probably still tucks him into his Star Wars sheets. Nerd.

Enjoy your nuggets, dawg.

3 comments:

hootenannie said...

"Yes, his pants and jacket matched and were baggy"...

I thought it was going to be about Micah. M-Dawg, if you will.

bec said...

That's what I love about KC - all those rappers. Maybe it's because, deep down inside, I desire to be one of their ho's. Oh wait, that's not politically correct any more. One of their ha's.

Wearing a Man-Skirt (for now) said...

Chick-Fil-A, Cap-Yo-A.