Monday, January 28, 2008

Thoughts on my last few days

Random thoughts from the past few days:
++++
I don't like it when people blog for the purpose of telling us how much weight they've lost. Nothing says "I need more comments" louder than that. Come on, how desperate are you??
++++
The state of the union might be one of the funnier things on the unintentional comedy scale. First, the poor president, bafoon that he is....getting raucous support from his posse, and blank "are you freaking kidding me stares" from the other side of the room. To change that, all you have to say is "I support the troops!", causing the entire audience to burst into simultaneous and thunderous applause. The funniest parts of the night were as they showed the 4 top presidential candidates staring at the camera, with seemingly rehearsed looks on their faces: defiant, strong, determined. . .and rehearsed. Hilarious. Who wants that job? Hilary does, and she's determined, resilient, and strong. . . .so says her campaign manager.
++++
I want to vote for the president who doesn't send people to their deaths in Iraq.
++++
I want to vote for the president who doesn't murder unborn babies.
++++
Crap.
++++
Micah: "Dad, are there bad guys in Kansas City?"
Me: "Yes, there are some, buddy."
Micah: "Dad, can I buy a gun?"
Me: "No. . . .why?"
Micah: "So I can shoot all the bad guys in Kansas City."
Nice. Cabelas here we come.
++++
There remains no greater feeling as a father than giving my 2 year old a drink in the middle of the night, then rubbing his forehead and watching him drift off to sleep.
++++
WTF? How did I marry the girl who took this? Are you freaking kidding me? Mad skills.
++++
I hate the crunch of 5 day+ old snow under my feet. Mostly because that means that snow's been on the ground for 5 straight days.
++++
My new goal: lose 15 pounds in February. Can you guys get on board with me and support this? I need all the help I can get. You'd help me most by leaving me comments. Please? Pleeeeease?
++++
Oh. Crap.

2 comments:

bec said...

khool post, man.

oh, and like, i think it is sooooo kewl that u r trying to lose some lbs! omg i'm going 2 comment u like every day til u make it! lol rofl lmao brb idk bbq!

Wearing a Man-Skirt (for now) said...

Hilarious thoughts, bro. It's so good to know that Micah is learning how we humans roll: Get guns, cap the bad guys--or whoever (he'll soon learn the whoever part). Pretty soon he'll be chillin' at Chick-fil-a hittin' some waffle fries and lookin' pimp. Just kidding. But you might as well plan to move away from KC just in case.