Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Thoughts on stress. . .

For many reasons in my life currently, stress seems to be falling off of my shoulders. We have been wrestling with what to do with a bad situation regarding our neighbors. We have been wrestling with the general stress of life with two kids, a business, and me working another full time job. And I knew it was time to get past my stresses when I saw this public service announcement on TV recently, and it really spoke to me:



I will get past my stress and let it fall off of my shoulders. I will embrace the 60 degree days and love the park (like we did tonight). I will breathe deeply and fully and leave my stress behind tonight, because what good is stress? I will live - today - fully.

And no, I will not smother my kids.

4 comments:

hootenannie said...

You will not smother your kids.

But you will expose them to "Soulja Boy" Bambi remixes, and episodes of "Friends."

I quote Micah: "I LOVE Friends. It cracks me up. Remember when Ross walks in and says [sad voice] 'Heeeey guuuyyyys.' HAHAHAHAAA!!"

Jeremy Parsons said...

That's Soulja Boy Bambi 2, thank you very much. He laughed uncontrolably also.

Next up for him? No Country for Old Men.

Aaron & Heather said...

I know it sucks but you guys will get through it. Just chalk it up as growing pains. You know we're here to help with whatever you need (just not babysitting, sorry:)

bec said...

annie, i should say that exposing your kids to soulja boy and friends is quite the opposite of smothering them.