Monday, October 15, 2007

Thoughts on Zoomanity

Greetings from a cloudy Kansas City, reader(s).

I am discovering lately that the greatest benefit to working in construction is the time off. How much do you get? Well, none. How much do I get to stay home? Every time it rains. After 2 and a half inches on Saturday, it was again, my day off. I am, um, not complaining. Making $0.00 today is not fabulous, but God is good and providing mercifully. So today, I have relaxed with my family. I'm grateful for this time. Sabbath rests seem few and far between on the weekends lately. Ashley had her first photography booth at a bridal show in KC lately and did great. The bridal response has been pretty incredible. Anyway, that show, combined with church equals an anti-Sabbath for our family.

What's the cure for the common busyness? A trip to the zoo. And because entrance was free, we took the kids (their second trip this year). What a beautiful day, what a beautiful family. I marvel at God's goodness.

When Daddy's home special, then often times the action ends up in the play room. . . . .with trains.


Tyler, happy to be chilling in the fake tree at the zoo.


Who has skills? Micah. Period.


What a beautiful family. It makes life beautiful.

3 comments:

bec said...

Hella cleva title, broseph.

...oh, and I miss you guys too. At Thanksgiving, I'm going to give thanks for being at home with ya'll.

hootenannie said...

Good pictures. You'll need to get some pictures of the boys in their NEW HATS! So cute. Oh, and stop complaining about how few readers you have - at my last count, your profile has been viewed 139 times! Good golly! YOU'RE FAMOUS!!!!!!!!

Jeremy Parsons said...

My viewings of my own blog, mind you, take up at least half of those viewings.

Well, I'm off to check if I have any more comments. . .